Thursday, March 3, 2011

When I started Ah-Tissue!!

When I decided to start Ah-Tissue about this time last year I did my research before starting my business, & found that there was a market here in Australia for the old craft technique of making pom poms/flowers using tissue paper. 
No one here was specializing/supplying in it there was only a few that were importing the hanging ones. ...So with my background and having creative parents that have always taught me to think outside the square I thought I would give it a go and with ideas floating around I knew I could offer so many new products. When I first created my Ah-Tissue poms I added my own touch as I didn't follow any instruction I just knew how to create them from girl guides, my father and my floristry training. 
My touch with the hanging poms was adding a hook for easy hanging & a loop at the bottom for an optional connection and this is just 1 option that I made on my poms so you can add additional poms or items.

As you can see by my page and website, I have and still will be thinking outside the square/box to design and create different products just to put a smile on someones face.. I love what I do and it is helping our little family..
In this photo I have used my Pastel Spot Printed Hanging Pom and hung the Bunny Cut Out using fishing wire..

1 comment: